Our passion is helping businesses grow. Our point of difference stems from each practitioner having a unique combination of specialist intellectual property expertise and commercial law acumen. Collectively, we bring a perspective influenced by extensive and high quality in-house and private practice experience.
Solubility has an unparalleled record of providing pragmatic and efficient legal and strategic support to innovative businesses. We also understand the needs of growing businesses, having grown alongside our clients over recent years from a sole practice specialising in high-level IP licensing transactions, to a mature commercial law business with capacity to meet the commercial law needs of our successful and growing clients.
We have an extensive local and international network of like-minded specialists to assist our clients with the demands of running an expanding and successful business.
How we can assist you:
- Incorporate start-ups and public ‘not-for-profit’ companies
- Develop legally viable business and contractual structures for novel ideas
- Prepare documentation for capital investment, including term sheets, subscription and shareholder agreements, convertible note deeds and constitutions
- Draft, review and negotiate operational contracts, including manufacturing, distribution and supply agreements, terms and conditions, privacy policies, material transfer agreements, consultancy and service agreements, confidentiality agreements, clinical trial agreements and publishing agreements, whether on a bespoke or pro-forma basis
- Prepare documentation for employee incentive schemes
- Work with tax experts to access the Australian Government R&D tax incentive, including drafting inter-company licensing arrangements and local operating contracts
Recent case studies.
- Acting for ANDHealth Limited, in preparing the contracts to establish a consortium to implement an integrated ecosystem for the development and commercialisation of evidence-based digital health products. Solubility acted on incorporating the company, preparing the consortium agreement amongst the founding members, Novartis, Murdoch Childrens Research Institute, RMIT, AusBiotech, Health XL, Curve Tomorrow, Planet Innovation and GP2U, and as well as negotiating the founding funding agreement with MTPConnect.
- Acting for CSL Limited in long term tender contracts with the Australian Government for supply of vaccines and certain other essential pharmaceutical products.
- Acting for National Serology Reference Laboratory on various commercial matters including supply, distribution and manufacture arrangements.
- Acting as local legal counsel for Spinifex Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd in its US$40m Series C financing and re-domestication and also in its subsequent sale to Novartis International AG, for an upfront cash consideration of US$200 million plus undisclosed clinical development and regulatory milestone payments.