We understand the importance of your brand and provide a range of services to assist you protect it, both nationally and though our global network of like-minded specialists.
We also love the creative side. Solubility has been on the Arts Law Centre volunteer adviser panel since establishment, providing advice and information on a wide range of legal and business matters including contracts, copyright and business structures for artists and arts organisations.
Amongst our practice we have a prolific author in copyright, and a geek who drew trade marks for fun during childhood!
How we can assist you:
- Develop a global trade mark and brand protection strategy, including copyright assignments from third party designers
- File and manage Madrid Protocol and direct international trade mark applications
- File and prosecute Australian trade mark applications
- Maintain your trade mark portfolio, including acting as address for service and assume responsibility for due dates
- Draft, or respond to, letters of demand for infringement of trade mark or copyright
Recent case studies.
- Acting for Australian Tapestry Foundation, in advising on a contract to commission the Australian Tapestry Workshop to weave a signature tapestry for display at the Sir John Monash Centre near Villers-Bretonneux, France.
- Acting for Bellroy, a rapidly growing Australian fast-moving leather goods brand in relation to, and filing, international trade mark protection.
- Acting for the University of Melbourne, Melbourne Business School and related entities regarding preparation of training materials as well as service and equity arrangements.